Skip to main content (Press Enter).
33rd Fighter Wing
33rd Fighter Wing
Search 33rd Fighter Wing:
Search 33rd Fighter Wing:
33rd Operations Group
33rd Maintenance Group
Wing Staff Agencies
CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT RICHARD E. WILK JR.
Chief Master Sergeant Richard Wilk is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 58th Special Operations Wing, Kirtland Air Force Base, N.M. He is the senior enlisted leader responsible to the commander for the professional development, military readiness and mission effectiveness of the command's 2000 Airmen. The wing is responsible for training mission-ready special operations, combat search and rescue, missile site support and UH-1 DV airlift aircrews. The wing is comprised of nine squadrons providing and supporting flight training for 29 different crew positions in MC-130H, MC-130P, HC-130P/N, CV-22, HH-60G, UH-1N and UH-1H aircraft.
Chief Wilk entered the Air Force in May 1982. He was initially stationed at Langley AFB, Va., working on T-33's as an avionics communications specialist, and spent most of his career stationed at Little Rock AFB, Ark., working on C-130's. While assigned there, Chief Wilk deployed on numerous humanitarian missions, joint task force missions and deployments throughout the world, including Operations Uphold Democracy, Southern Watch, Joint Endeavor, Coronet Ejection, Joint Guard, Natural Fire 98, Joint Forge, Eduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom.
Chief Wilk's next assignment brought him to Kirtland AFB, N.M., with the Air Force Operational Test and Evaluation Center as a Program Manager for 18 USAF/Joint test programs in various stages of development, planning and testing. He recently returned from nearly a year-long deployment to Basrah, Iraq as an advisor to the Iraqi Air Force.
1984 Tactical Air Command NCO Preparatory Course, Langley AFB, Va.
1987 22nd Air Force NCO Leadership School, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
1995 Air Combat Command NCO Academy, Barksdale AFB, La.
2001 Associate's degree in Avionics Systems Technology, CCAF
2002 First Sergeant Symposium, Offutt AFB, Neb.
2003 USAF SNCO Academy, Gunter Annex, Aal.
2008 USAF Chief Leadership Course, Gunter Annex, Ala.
2009 AFSO 21 Senior Leadership Course, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn.
1. July 1982 - Dec 1982, Student, Avionics Communications Specialist, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2. Dec 1982 - Jun 1986, Avionics Communications Specialist, 48th Fighter Interceptor Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
3. Jun 1986 - Dec 1991, Avionics Communications Specialist, 314th Avionics Maintenance Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
4. Dec 1991 - Aug 1998, Communications/Navigation Specialist, 50th Airlift Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
5. Aug 1998 - Oct 2002, Production Superintendent, 50th Airlift Squadron. Little Rock AFB, Ark.
6. Oct 2002 - Apr 2003, Production Superintendent, 463rd Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
7. Apr 2003 - Aug 2003, Lead Production Superintendent, 463rd Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
8. Aug 2003 - Apr 2004, NCOIC Aircraft Maintenance Unit, 463rd Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
9. Apr 2004 - Sep 2004, Quality Assurance Superintendent, 463rd Maintenance Operations Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
10. Sep 2004 - Apr 2006, Aircraft and Avionics Systems Evaluation Program Manager, Air Force Operational Test and Evaluation Center, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
11. Apr 2006 - Jul 2007, Superintendent, Joint Strike Fighter Logistics, Air Force Operational Test and Evaluation Center, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
12. Jul 2007 - Jun 2008, Coalition Air Force Training Team Maintenance Superintendent, 370th Air Expeditionary Advisory Group, Basrah AS, Iraq
13. Jun 2008 - Nov 2008, Chief, Force Development, Air Force Operational Test and Evaluation Center, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
14. Nov 2008 - Aug 2009, Superintendent, 550th AMU, 58th Special Operations Wing, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
15. Aug 2009 - Present, Command Chief, 58 Special Operations Wing, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Southwest Asia Service Medal with bronze star
Iraq Campaign Medal with bronze star
Humanitarian Service Medal with three bronze stars
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
NATO Medal with bronze star
463rd Airlift Group General Lew Allen, Jr. Award winner, 2001
463rd Airlift Group General Lew Allen, Jr. Award winner, 2002
463rd Aircraft Maintenance Squadron Maintenance Professional of the Year, 2002
AMC Aircraft Maintenance Professional of the Year, 2002
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant May 1, 2008
(Current as of Nov 2009)